- About Mobius
- Annual Reports & Financials
- Affiliation with MENTOR
- Current Initiatives
- Contact Us
- Mission & History
- Mobius Leadership
- Why Mentoring?
- Find a Program
- Mentor Resources
- Program Resources
- 2018 Vermont Mentoring Month Toolkit
- National Mentoring Resource Center
- Quality Mentoring System
- Regional Mentoring Networks
- Support and Materials
- Vermont Mentoring Database
- Ongoing Resources
- Vermont Mentoring Surveys
- Vermont Mentoring Grants
- Events, News, & Blog
- Support Us
Current Job and Service Opportunities in the Vermont Mentoring Community
Mobius, Vermont’s Mentoring Partnership
Become a part of shaping the youth mentoring movement in Vermont! Mobius is currently seeking a full-time Marketing Specialist AmeriCorps VISTA member to help support and expand adult-to-youth mentoring initiatives across the state, beginning in August 2018. The Marketing Specialist VISTA will work with Mobius staff to raise public awareness of the need for mentoring, and develop and expand resources for youth mentoring programs. The VISTA position is a one year commitment, beginning August 20, 2018, and ending August 19, 2019.
Specific projects will include:
- Expanding and managing the Mentor Discount Card
- Assisting in the implementation of a Vermont-specific National Mentoring Month campaign
- Assisting in the planning and implementation of a year-round PR plan, including the organization’s re-branding to match MENTOR’s (The National Mentoring Partnership) national branding
- Working with Mobius staff to secure business sponsors for the organization’s two statewide events (the National Mentoring Month Celebration and the Vermont Mentoring Symposium), the monthly newsletter, and the Mentor Discount Card
- Managing and enhancing Mobius’ online presence, including the statewide online events calendar, and web and social media content
- Working with Mobius staff and partners to plan and implement regional and statewide events; developing new organizational systems and marketing materials
The VISTA will be a member of the Vermont Youth Tomorrow VISTA program, which focuses on serving low-income youth across Vermont. AmeriCorps VISTA is a national, federally funded program that places volunteers in one-year service positions at organizations that focus on alleviating poverty.
View a full position description here. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, so please submit your materials as soon as possible. Mobius intends to have the position filled no later than June 30th. Interested applicants should submit a resume, cover letter, and three references to Hope Ward at [email protected].
Grand Isle County Mentoring Program
The Grand Isle County Mentoring Program is looking for a Mentoring Program Coordinator. The Mentoring Program Coordinator oversees the implementation of a school-based mentoring program in the five Grand Isle County Schools, ensuring program quality and performance relative to mentor recruitment and retention, screening, matching, monitoring and supporting the relationship between the mentor and the mentee. Additionally, the Mentor Program Coordinator is responsible for fund raising, grant writing, community relations and assuring the use of best practices within the program.
For additional information, or to apply for this position please contact [email protected].
Milton Community Youth Coalition
Milton Youth Community Youth Coalition is looking for a new youth programs coordinator. This is a part-time (.375 FTE or 12 hours/week) job with pro-rated CTO (Combined Time Off) and the possibility of expanding hours and responsibilities. The youth programs coordinator for the Milton Community Youth Coalition will coordinate mentoring efforts and youth outreach for the coalition. The job will require flexibility, creativity, attention to detail, and a strong work ethic. It is critical that the individual filling this role is adaptable and comfortable with a changing and stimulating work environment. This position will report directly to the executive director.
If interested, please email your resume and cover letter to Tony Moulton, Executive Director of MCYC, at [email protected]. T