- About Us
- Current Initiatives
- Why Mentoring?
- Mission & History
- Mobius Leadership
- Affiliation with MENTOR
- Contact Us
- For Potential Mentors
- For Mentors
- For Mentoring Programs
- 2017 Vermont Mentoring Month Toolkit
- Support and Materials
- Vermont Mentoring Grants
- Vermont Mentoring Surveys
- Quality Mentoring System
- Vermont Mentoring Database
- National Mentoring Resource Center
- Regional Mentoring Networks
- Events, News, & Blog
- Support Us
National Mentoring Month
This page is for mentors/supporters! Mentoring program staff can access the 2017 Program Toolkit here.
January is National Mentoring Month, a designated time each year to thank current mentors and recruit new volunteers. Here in Vermont, Mobius, Vermont’s Mentoring Partnership partners with mentoring programs and supporters around the state to organize local festivities and celebrate our collective efforts to develop a culture of mentoring, and provide support for young Vermonters in every corner of the state.
The theme of the national campaign is “Mentor In Real Life,” which allows mentoring supporters and mentors to talk about the real-life benefits of mentoring. We invite you to share your mentoring stories with your friends, family, and colleagues, and to join us in celebrating National Mentoring Month 2017.
Find Mentoring Month Events Near You!
Mobius and mentoring programs around the state organized a wide variety of activities throughout the month of January to celebrate National Mentoring Month with mentor recognition events, mentor pair activities, and benefit events at local businesses.
Mobius’ featured event is our annual statewide Mentoring Celebration at the Statehouse on Wednesday, January 18.
For more information on mentoring events in your community, please visit our Mentoring Events Calendar.
Show Your Support on Social Media!
Use campaign images to join the online conversation (click on the thumbnail images below to access the full-sized version)! We encourage you, also, to share your mentoring stories in ways that connect to the different dates in the campaign.
Be Sure to Include These Hashtags: #MentorIRL #NationalMentoringMonth For more images from the campaign, visit www.nationalmentoringmonth.org or follow the Mobius and MENTOR Facebook pages throughout the month.
Important Statewide/National Campaign Dates:
- January 4, 2017 – National Mentoring Month Kick-off Twitter Chat (3 p.m. ET/1 p.m. PT)
- January 12, 2017 – I Am A Mentor Day
- January 16, 2017 – Martin Luther King, Jr. Day of Service
- January 17, 2017 – International Mentoring Day
- January 18, 2017 – Vermont Mentoring Celebration at the Statehouse
- January 19, 2017 – #ThankYourMentor Day
- January 24, 2017 – Mentor Appreciation Event for Northwestern Vermont
Who Organizes National Mentoring Month, Locally and Nationally?
Mobius organizes National Mentoring Month activities in Vermont, thanks to the continuing support of Comcast, Redstone Commercial Group, and a wide range of other sponsors from the local business community. Nationally, the campaign is spearheaded by MENTOR (The National Mentoring Partnership), the Harvard School of Public Health, the Highland Street Foundation, and the National Basketball Association.
(For a full recap of press coverage during National Mentoring Month, visit our Mentoring in the News page)
- Mentoring Month Proclamation by Vermont Governor Phil Scott
- Mentoring Month Joint Resolution by Vermont Senate and House of Representatives
(introduced by Representative Sarah Copeland-Hanzas (Orange-2))